Healing for Body, Mind & Soul Animal Reiki & ThetaHealing® Sessions & Training
Animal Reiki As far back as I can remember, I have had a deep connection with animals first starting with my beloved tabby cat "Tabby" at the age of 10. Soon after Tabby arrived, I convinced my parents to add an array of goldfish to our family, all named after famous painters: Monet, Klimt and VanGogh, a budgie named Benjamin, a twenty five pound French lop rabbit named Frisky, and too many hamsters to count. I loved caring for my animal friends and they were an important part of my childhood. As I grew into adulthood, and after the passing of Tabby at age 18, two more special cats came into my life and they were with me until they both peacefully transitioned with the help of Reiki at the ages of 16 and 18. I now have five rescue animals in my life (see below): Tiffin (age 9) is a Desi dog from India, Misty (age 9) from Alberta, Chloe (age 2) is from Shanghai, Bennie (age 16) and Ziggy (age 18) are senior cats rescued from the SPCA on Salt Spring and Victoria. All animals are gentle souls and love Reiki. Writing this right now I just realised that I have had animals in my life for 40 years! I have been practicing and sharing reiki with my animal companions for the past 15 years, however last fall I had the blessing of being able to learn the Let Animals Lead® method of Animal Reiki by Kathleen Prasad, and can now teach all levels of this beautiful and respectful method of sharing Reiki with our animals.
The 6 Pillars of the Let Animals Lead® Method of Animal Reiki by my teacher Kathleen Prasad of Animal Reiki Source.
1. This method is founded upon traditional Japanese Reiki techniques and philosophy.
2. Touch is used only when animals seek it out, and then only as a compassionate support.
3. Mental focus techniques develop an “All is Well” state of mind for the practitioner that sees the animal’s perfection in the present moment, rather than focusing on what’s “wrong.”
4. Meditation is taught as a state of mind with flexible physical forms.
5. Animal Reiki is mindfulness meditation practiced “with” our animals, rather than an energy therapy done “to” them.
6. This method acknowledges and honors each animal as a spiritual teacher and healer in their own right. Practitioners learn to listen and become receptive to their spiritual wisdom and healing gifts.
Shinpiden & Animal Reiki Level 3 Training, Equine Rehab Center, Somerset, California & Foothill Farms Veterinary Hospital, Sacramento, California with Kathleen Prasad, October 2019.
Healing for Body, Mind & Soul with Kelly Kiss. ThetaHealing® & Reiki Workshops, Forest Therapy Walks, Holistic Nutrition & Personal Healing Retreats. Come stay & transform with me on beautiful Salt Spring Island! Certified ThetaHealing® Teacher, Canadian Reiki Association Teacher, ANFT Certified Forest Therapy Guide & Registered Holistic Nutritionist.
Disclaimer: All Spiritual healing sessions with Kelly Kiss are for personal and spiritual growth purposes only. Kelly is not a medical doctor and therefore she does not diagnose medical conditions. Her sessions are not a substitute for advice or treatment that you would normally receive from a professional such as a doctor, lawyer, psychiatrist or financial advisor. It is advised that clients in crisis first seek professional help.